Some journeys begin with a click of a mouse. Our own journey together started like that. We met online after travelling our separate roads from the jungles of Brazil and the desert of Idaho to meet in Chicago. Now we are embarking on the most exciting part of our journey together, and it again involves a computer. Lots of things may be going through your mind at this moment – many are going through our minds as well! We thank you for taking this time to learn a little about where we’ve been, and we look forward to sharing more with you.
- Comfort food: Pancakes
- Is the handy one around the house
- Loves dancing to salsa and bachata music
- Speaks Portuguese at home with Rafa, but English with the dog.
- Got her second tattoo, an angel surrounded by birds and flowers, to celebrate getting a permanent position at her university.
- Is the oldest sibling and the oldest cousin – on both sides of her family.
- Has been traveling regularly to Cuba (for work) since 1999.
- Skill she’s proudest of: knowing how to milk a cow.