- Adoption Learning Partners Founded by The Cradle, Adoption Learning Partners offers an array of interactive, e-learning courses that will increase each participant's understanding of the joys and challenges of adoption.
- Adoptive Families Today Adoptive Families Today is a support group located in Illinois for prospective adoptive parents, adoptive parents, adoption professionals, and all those interested in adoption.
- Adoptive Families The award-winning Adoptive Families Magazine online
- Chicago Area Families for Adoption (CAFFA) CAFFA provides information and support to both adoptive and pre-adoptive families in the Chicago area.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway This website contains information on a variety of topics related to adoption. Formerly the National Adoption Information Clearinghouse.
- Open Adoption: A Bulletin for Professionals Read the summary of recent research on the trend of openness in adoption
- Bridge Communications Provides support and education for multi-racial families.
- Biracial Family Network (BFN) offers support and education for multi-racial families and reaches into the community to take action against racism and discrimination.
- The Evan B. Donalson Adoption Institute The Adoption Institute has set out to improve information available about adoption and has published many studies relating to adoption and outcomes for children.
- Stars of David: Jewish Adoption This site provides information and a support network for Jewish and partly Jewish adoptive families.
- My Adoption Advisor My Adoption Advisor provides adopting parents practical tactics and tools to conduct personal networking to connect directly with those who may be considering placing a child for adoption. If you are currently working with The Cradle to adopt, please remember that we have a preferred client discount for his services.
Choosing an Adoption Agency
- Assessing the Reputation of Licensed, Private Adoption Agencies An article posted on the Child Welfare Information Gateway that includes helpful tips on choosing a reputable adoption agency.
Counseling & Infertility Resolution
- The Family Institute The Family Institute is the Midwest's oldest and largest center devoted to marital and family therapy, professional education, and research.
- RESOLVE of Illinois Resolve offers medical information, support, and networking information surrounding fertility issues.
Adoption Tax Credits
- IRS Website
- Adoption Learning Partners e-learning course: Understanding the Adoption Tax Credit Learn more about the Adoption Tax Credit through this interactive e-learning course that will take you step-by-step through the process of applying for the tax credit.
- Adoption Policy Resource Center Provides information for adoptive families seeking subsidies for adoption.
- Adoption Law Materials Sponsored by Cornell Law This site provides abstracts on adoption laws.
- The National Center for Adoption Law & Policy Provides adoption law resources for prospective adoptive parents, biological parents, adoption and child welfare lawyers, juvenile and family court judges, and child advocates.
- Cleft Palate Foundation
- Wide Smiles Information on cleft lip or palate
- Illinois ADA Project
- Illinois Board of Education
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
International Adoption Related Information
- US Department of Citizenship and Immigration
- The CDC Travel Health Information
- Families with Children from China (FCC)
- Families for Russian and Ukranian Adoption (FRUA)
- Families with Children from Vietnam (FCV)
- Parent Network for Post-Institutionalized Children
- Eastern European Adoption Coalition
- National Organization of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Asia for Kids
- Money Conversion
- Culture for Kids
- Multicultural Kids
International Pediatricians & Clinics
Websites with great information on medical topics relevant to international adoption
- University of Minnesota International Adoption Clinic
- Dr.Jane Aronson website - International Adoption Pediatrician
International Adoption Placement Agencies
Tips on choosing a placement agency
- Wide Horizons for Children
- Holt International Children's Services
- Children' s Home Society and Family Services
- Maine Adoption Placement Service
- Small Miracles International
Other Adoption Related Websites
- Adoption Quotes Read quotes from birthmothers, adoptees and adoptive parents about their personal adoption experiences.
- My Creations My Creations is a company started to give unique families (those touched by adoption or reproductive technology) the opportunity to put together a personalized story for your family that will last a lifetime.