Representation Matters: Black Creators Beyond the Barriers in Art and Science We often tell children the sky’s the limit when they dream of who they want to be. But what happens
Representation Matters: Black Creators Beyond the Barriers in Art and Science
We often tell children the sky’s the limit when they dream of who they want to be. But what happens when children of color encounter barriers to access, realize the door of endless possibility isn’t open to everyone or endure challenges along the way because their dream doesn’t embrace inclusivity? Join Our Children for a webinar with Black creators who are artists, scientists, and parents, for life lessons in perseverance, self-confidence, identity, and challenging inequity to change the conversation and create a seat at the table.
Takeaways from this online panel discussion:
- Hear from Black creators who have faced bias and barriers to better understand the need for representation and the ways you can support and nurture children of color.
- Learn about the connection between representation in art and science, its effect on shaping children’s identity and experiences.
- Discover how systemic racism is entwined into many facets of art and science.
- Get a better understanding of symbolic diversity vs. true equity and inclusiveness.
* Illinois and Indiana Residents: Each of the webinars in this series is eligible for 1.5 CEUs in Cultural Competency for live attendees.
(Thursday) 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm